Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My opinion on Hillary Clinton

I'll start off this post by saying two things up-front. I wouldn't vote for McCain if he was the only person in the election. He's a terribly uncharismatic speaker and his tone is so dull, I actually start getting sleepy when he speaks. I'll probably go on about him some other time. I also want to state, that I like Obama. Sure, he's an idealist, but lets face it, if he actually does half the things he says, we'll be three times better off then we are. I'll post about him later too. This post is about Hillary Clinton. I've never been a fan of H.C., I've always taken issue with her duplicitous nature and her seeming fraudulentness. I'm pretty sure McCain would be preferable over her we're the choices up to me, thats right, I'd pick Obama, then McCain, then someone from an independent party, then an illegal immigrant, THEN H.C. The thing about the Clinton campaign is I think Bill clinton was a great president, the enviroment was on the mend, there was a surplus of money, jobs were on the rise, we weren't at WAR.....

That said, I can't even say i disagree with all of H.C. stances, I don't, she and Obama are a lot similiar in their stances. the problem with Hillary Clinton.... is Hillary Clinton. "Huh, what?" you might think, let me show you commentary on some recent things she has said:







Having seen that video, maybe you see what I'm saying. Hillary feels she is preordained to be the first female President and frankly if she were, that'd be fine and dandy. The problem seems to be that although she may be right about some issues, she can't be satisfied with being respected or a rolemodel for women, hard working white women (I guess), or any young women (no matter their color or nationality) that need to be able to see that politically females can be anything men can be. Hey, I have a daughter, I understand wanting your child to know that they are only limited by their own dreams and ambitions. My issue in particular is that no matter what it is you want to be or that you want to do you shouldn't lie (misremember) or attempt to change the rules when your losing or even pull the gender card because it seems like it might get you what you want. Besides, it wasnt 2 months ago that this same person was saying "politics is a tough business", unless it seems it's her.

For the record, using assassination in the context of your opponent or using past assassinations as a reference to your campaign is the lowest of the low and anyone that says differently is basically, a moron.

(stay tuned for editing)

No comments: